Rothamsted Park Skatepark
Please help us to develop a vision of the new Rothamsted Skatepark
The current skatepark is nearing end of life and a recent survey showed that many people would like to see it replaced with an exciting new one.
The Playpark Action Rothamsted Committee (PARC) charity, registered charity number 1179147, and Harpenden Town Council are working in partnership to redevelop the Skatepark so that it becomes a great community asset. To help us to do this we need views to represent the whole of the Harpenden Community.
Our current vision has the following key principles:
- It should be broadly of the same footprint as the current skatepark.
- All features on the skatepark should be either at or above ground level (to allow drainage).
- It will be an inviting and inclusive space that includes good wheelchair access.
- There will be features for all ages from young children up to adults.
- It will accommodate beginners who need to build confidence and provide a challenge for the more experienced.
- It will have features that are suitable for different users including Skateboards, BMX bikes, WCMX (adapted wheelchairs), scooters, and roller skates (traditional and in-line).
- It will be made from concrete which requires very little maintenance over its lifetime.
Please click on this link below take part in a survey to give us your views. The survey will close on 31st July 2022.
There is also a QR code that can be scanned with a smart phone to take you straight to the survey.
Clicking on the link or scanning the QR code will take you to the Vision document and an invitation to click on or touch the words “take part in our survey” to enter the survey. One of the survey questions is “what do you think of our vision for the skatepark?”
One of the key principles is for the skatepark to be an inviting and inclusive place and to do this we would like to receive survey responses from disadvantaged groups and individuals, plus anyone with a disability of any form.
To view the PARC website, where you can see more information, please click on this link: https://parc.charity
The PARC charity can be contacted on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PARC’s Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/RothamstedPARC/
PARC had a stall at the 18th June 2022 Harpenden Carnival to advertise the skatepark and members of the public told us that they would love to have a new skatepark. PARC will have a stall at the Highland Gathering in Harpenden on 10th July 2022 so please come along and see our stand.
Thank you for your help,
the PARC team.