- THOMAS martyred in 72AD at Chennai India. Remains in St. Thomas. Church Orton -Italy
- MATTHEW Stabbed in the back by an assassin in Ethiopia on orders of the local king for criticising his life style. Remains in the cathedral at Salerno, Italy.
- JAMES the Greater killed by he sword (Acts 12.2). Remains In St. James Church. Compostela Spain
- JUDAS THADDEUS Killed with an arrow in Beirut 65 AD. Remains inSt.Basillica Rome
- SIMON The Zealot was crucified in England about 65-70 AD Remains at St Basillica Rome
- JUDAS ISCARIOT committed suicide
- BARTHOLEMEW visited most countries across the Middle East but was beheaded in India. Remains in St. Bartholemew’s Church in Rome
- PHILIP crucified in Egypt in 54 AD. Remains at St.Basillica Rome.
- JOHN brother of James and gospel writer. Died from natural causes in 100 AD
- JAMES the Lesser. Oldest disciple killed by stoning in 94 AD. Remains at St. Basillica Rome
- ANDREW crucified on an X shape cross in Greece in 69 AD. Remains in the cathedral at Amalfi, Italy
- PETER Martyred in Rome in 64 AD at the time of the great fire, partly organised by Emperor Nero. Remains in St.Basillica Rome
Image: Osama Shukir Muhammed Amin FRCP(Glasg)
The Apostles Creed and the later Nicene Creed are two important documents of theological summary and history. Both creeds reveal historic Christian assumptions about who God is, and what is God doing. However there are aspects of the creeds that should be examined to help to define the difference in meaning of the names Jesus and Christ.
Apostles Creed. – “I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell…”
» Read more
CONNECT, BELONG, SHARE, GROW
Our mission is to build connections, encourage belonging,
and share an appealing faith that grows a vibrant Christian community at every stage of life.
We are an inclusive parish.
If we can assist you in your faith journey, please contact one of the clergy or the parish office.’
.Much of the information on this parish website is in the web pages that you can reach from the main menu, A little behind the scenes is a significant number of posts about the parish. Why not try exploring the tag cloud below?
» Read more